Saturday, June 08, 2013

Ribs from The Rotisserie


The Rotisserie is an Aussie cafe that serves up hearty Western food like roast chicken, fish and chips, pork knuckle and ribs, in a casual yet classy environment. I used to have to walk all the way to China Square for it, but after it opened another outlet at Chulia Street, I could get a working-late takeaway dinner more conveniently.

I had eaten their roast chicken a few times (which is good value for the size of chicken you get), so that night I wanted to try something different. I went for their half slab of ribs with my choice of two sides being coleslaw and pumpkin spinach salad. At the store they had some pieces of chicken and pork knuckle on display, but no ribs. They took awhile with the ribs, close to ten minutes, I suspect because they had to quickly microwave my order.


Nonetheless, the meat pretty much fell off each bone, and was lip-smackingly tender and good. If blindfolded I could have mistaken it for Tony Romas'. If you prefer it more raw, their coleslaw was as such, and not as finely diced as the type you get at KFC. I felt that they were a little stingy with the amount of coleslaw and pumpkin salad dished out, plus they gave me only a small piece of pumpkin.


If you are doing a takeaway, they provide you with a knife, fork and serviette as well. They are placed beside the box, on the right, so that you can do a size comparison.

The next meal I would like to try at The Rotisserie is the pork knuckle. But otherwise, if you are ravenous, I would suggest you go with the $11.50 quarter or $17 half roast chicken over the $17 ribs, as there is much more meat on the bird.



The Rotisserie @ Chulia
http://www.therotisserie.sg/

63 Chulia Street
#01-01
OCBC Centre East
Singapore 049514

Tel: 65333448

Opening hours:
7.30am – 10.30pm (Mon – Fri)
8.30am – 10.30pm (Sat)
Closed on Sun and PH

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I love eating here and have never tried the ribs! It's always half chicken for me. Now I know to try the ribs next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the pork knuckle too and tell me how they are :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what sauce they use for the ribs? I'm always wary that it's going to contain hidden sugars. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It tastes like BBQ sauce, but it's not obviously sweet.

    ReplyDelete