Friday, August 24, 2012

Putian Delights


Ever since my father brought home a packet of this Xing Hua Mee Hoon from Putian Delights for himself, with my mother ending up eating it, my mother has been hooked on them. My father loves them as well. Everytime we wait for our order to be cooked, at least one other person orders the same.

Why is the Xing Hua Mee Hoon so popular? I had a taste of it, and I do not know what the difference is between beehoon and meehoon, but unlike the usual fried beehoon, this meehoon is not in any way greasy. It is not dry either, and it is able to carry flavour. Further, whilst beehoon is lighter than, say yellow noodles, this meehoon is even lighter and I would go as far as to say "airy".

The meehoon is cooked with green veggies and dou miao, which give it a nice textural crunch; and some shreds of tau pok and dried seaweed, two prawns and two white clams.

Like the satay at Alexandra Village Food Centre, I would rate the Xing Hua Mee Hoon as a must-try.


That day we decided to try the yam braised with pork knuckle as well. But unfortunately and in contrast, what we had brought home looked nothing like its picture at the stall. What was in the styrofoam box looked like a sad soggy heap of leftovers. There were slices of yam, but just about three pieces of pork. Tasted alright, but not very enjoyable.





Putian Delights
#01-83
Alexandra Village Food Centre
Blk 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1
Singapore 150120

No comments:

Post a Comment