Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Killiney Curry Puff


If you walk down Killiney road, you can't miss Killiney Curry Puff (KCP) with its massive green signboard and various puffs displayed behind a clear glass screen (see this example). We have walked down Killiney road a few times but never bought their curry puff to try since our favourite was already Dino's and Balmoral Bakery. But one day the foodie in me just had to give KCP's curry puff a shot, to know for myself whether it was good or not. So I bought one for mom and one for myself.



I must admit that one of the reasons I was hesitant to try KCP's curry puff is because it looked oily. From the air bubbles on the surface of the curry puff skin, it is obviously deep fried.


Although on the greasy side, the curry puff skin is at least slightly thinner than Old Chang Kee's. I was surprised to see that many green peas upon cutting the curry puff in two. However, upon examining the entire curry puff, it turned out that it was just a smatter of green peas that happened to be near the middle where I made the cut, while the rest of the curry puff was mainly potato. KCP's curry puff really needed meat because there was practically none inside, and I do not remember eating any slivers of egg either.

KCP might be slightly better than the average hawker stall type curry puff, but for now I think your money is better spent on Dino's or Balmoral Bakery. Mom, who has tried curry puffs from both shops, thinks so too.


Killiney Curry Puff
93 Killiney Road
Singapore 239536

Opening hours: 7am – 7:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment